Please note that the gala starting time has changed to 10:00.
There is a Level 1 Assistant Swimming Teacher course taking place in Mayfield Co. Cork. This will commence on Friday 21st June 2019.
Level 1 Assistant Swimming Teacher:
This course is designed for anyone who is interested in starting a career as a Swim Ireland Level 1 Assistant Swimming Teacher or wants to assist a Swim Ireland level 2 Swimming Teacher.
Successful completion of the course will qualify you to become a Swim Ireland Level 1 Assistant Swimming Teacher which enables you to actively support a qualified Swimming Teacher in the delivery of a pre-prepared session.
You must be at least 15 years of age by the start of the course. Hold a valid Safeguarding certificate and have completed Swim Ireland vetting.
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification although we strongly recommend that you have current knowledge and some practical experience of assisting with swimming lessons.
*Please read carefully through the other details on the page so you know what this course entails.*
Course Duration: 30 hours
Breakdown of hours: Blended
20 Hours Theory
10 Hours Practical (6 of which are lessons)
Dates and start times for face to face course days:
- Friday the 21st of June 2019 – 6.30am – 21.00pm (1 hour practical)
- Saturday the 22nd of June 2019 9am – 5pm (3 hours practical)
- Sunday the 23rd of June 2019 – 9am – 5pm (3 hours practical)
- Saturday the 29th of June 2019 – 9am – 5pm (3 hours practical)
- Sunday the 30th of June 2019 – 9am – 5pm (2 Hours practical)
Course Tutor: Eileen Hempel
Cost: €450 (exclusive of credit/debit card payment surcharge of 2%)
Best of luck to all our swimmers sitting their Junior or Leaving Certificate exams tomorrow.
The Munster Regional management Committee have agreed to provide financial support for all regional club members who wish to undertake the Swim Ireland Blended Level 2 Coaching Award. This support will be valued at 25% of the current course fee and will be subject to the following conditions:
· All candidates must be current members of a Munster Region Swimming Club.
· Those receiving support must attend and assist at two full Regional Squad days under the direction of the appointed head coach.
· The agreed subsidy will only be paid on completion of the Level 2 Coaching course and after assisting on the two agreed squad days.
· The rate of financial support will be reviewed on an annual basis in line with annual budgets.
· Applications for financial support must be made in writing to the Honorary Regional Secretary in advance of the course closing date.