Sundays Well Swimming Club is a Teaching, Competitive and Masters Swimming Club based at the Gus Healy municipal swimming pool in Douglas, Cork City, Ireland.
- To provide comprehensive teaching and coaching facilities and to engage in all aspects of competitive swimming to the highest level.
- To provide a positive and safe environment for all it’s members.
- To foster and develop swimming and to use the same in promoting the development of physical and moral qualities that come from swimming, whether in competition or otherwise.
- A non profit-making swimming club operating on a totally voluntary basis.
- TBA adult volunteers work within the club, clocking up in excess of TBA working hours each week.
- Main tenant at Gus Healy pool since it opened in the early 70’s.
- At the moment we use the pool for TBA hours per week.
- We paid Cork City Council €TBA for pool hire.
- Breakdown of membership
Members/Beginners TBA Improvers TBA Competitive TBA Committee TBA Teachers TBA Coaches TBA Total Membership TBA
At present, membership is closed – there is a waiting list in operation.
- Teaching SectionNumber of swimmers who take lessons each week at the pool:
Tuesday/Thursday TBA Friday/Saturday TBA (Pre-Competitive Training) Total TBA
- Competitive SectionNumber of swimmers who train each week at the pool:
Junior Squad TBA Intermediate Squad TBA Senior Squad TBA Masters TBA Total TBA
- Galas (Competitions) Once children attain a certain level of proficiency at the four swimming strokes, they may then (if they wish) move on to competitive swimming. The sport of swimming requires a lot of training in order to improve the strokes and to achieve a high level of fitness. At the moment our competitive squads attend between TBA and TBA pool hours each week (land work is also part of their training). These are mostly unsocial hours i.e. 6.00 – 7.40 a.m. before school.Our competitive swimmers take part in competitions that range from Minor Schools to National and International events.
A number of these galas take place at Gus Healy Pool each year. Last year 6 Munster galas were held there. As well as receiving awards for performing well at these galas, the swimmers also use them to achieve qualifying times for the National/International Galas.
Sunday’s Well swimmers are the current holders of the following Munster Records:Women/Girls
Men/BoysTBA of a possible TBA
TBAof a possible TBA