Due to the high number of entries, we have had to make some minor changes to the session structure in order that as many of your clubs’ swimmers as possible can participate.
- There are now 5 sessions in total – 1 Friday evening, 2 Saturday and 2 Sunday
- Female 200 F/C has moved to Sunday afternoon in place of Female 200 F/Y which has moved to Saturday afternoon
- Male 50 Br/S has moved to Saturday morning
- Female 50 Br/s has moved to the start of Saturday afternoon.
Please review new session format and times in attached updated Gala Pack.
Find below the schedule of warm ups by club for both Saturday and Sunday morning. Please attend correct session to avoid over crowding. Note: coaches or team managers must supervise all warm-ups
Limerick Swimming Club
The Sundays Well Masters will take place on Saturday, February 9th. This year there are some major changes! New events, online entries and the opportunity to be crowned ‘Champion Swimmer’. The Champion Swimmer will be awarded to the person who has the fastest time by adding the times of the 4 50 meter events. This will be awarded in each age group. Details above.
Congratulations to all SWSC who were selected for the 2019 Munster Schools Interpro Team!
Mallow Swans Swimming Club are looking forward to welcoming you to the Munster Development 1 Gala on Saturday
We are expecting large numbers for this Competition, the 1st in Munster in 2019.
Please read below and attached for some useful information for your Swimmers / Coaches & Parents.
Arriving by Car
Parking at the Pool Venue is limited to approx 50 Vehicles in Total.
There is parking also at the Dunnes Stores / Gate Cinema, Underground Parking nearby (2-3 minutes Walk).
MSSC would encourage Car Pooling to minimize difficulties finding convenient parking.
Arriving by Bus
If arriving by bus, please ensure you arrive early, as turning is difficult adjacent to the pool.
Warm-Up (Click here)
There will be very busy warm up sessions.
Full Warm up for Morning Session ONLY
Note 1: Mid-day warm up is limited to swimmers who have NOT swam in the morning. This is to allow a Break for ALL for minimum 30 minutes.
20 minutes Total Boys (in first, at 9:00am)
20 Minutes Total Girls (W/U finishes at 9:40am)
Due to the numbers, the Warm up PER Swimmer, time is 10 minutes.
Please see the attached Chart to see Lane & Time Slots for your Warm-Up.
Note 2: It is the responsibility of each Coach / Team Manager, to adhere to this schedule, to ensure equal access for all swimmers / clubs.
Coaches will be issued with a Gala Check in for your swimmers.
It would be greatly appreciated if you could complete your scratch sheet and return ASAP.
Late entries will not be allowed on the day. Please do not ask.
Note 3: A responsible person (Coach or Team Manager) should be named on the Scratch sheet.
Note 4: If you are currently aware of definite NO SHOWs, please inform us now, to help alleviate pressure on the day. (email below)
Shop on Site
SwimHEDZ will be on poolside for the competition for all your swimming needs.
Visit, http://swimheadz.ie/index.php/contacts/ to view or for pre-order for collection on the day.
MSSC will also have a Cafe/Shop with loads of great Gala food on offer.
There are also plenty of Shops & Cafe’s nearby for those who wish to explore Mallows Highlights
We look forward to welcoming you to Mallow Pool and wish all the best to your swimmers.
Mallow Swimming Club
There will be a Level 1 Team Manager course taking place at Dunmanway Swimming Pool on Wednesday 16th January 2019 from 6pm – 9pm.
- This course is for volunteers who wish to act as team manager for their club at competitions, club outings and away trips (both home and abroad).
- You must be at least 20 years of age
- You can attend the course without Vetting NVB/ Access NI or a valid Safeguarding certificate however the qualification will not be valid until they are completed. If you wish to act in the role of Team Manager these are a requirement.
- Course costs €25 per participant.
How to book
- To book a workshop or course please click here and log in
- In the Events & Courses tab you can search for the course eg. “ Team Manager”
- Just click on the option you want with date and location
- Members can either book on individually or the club admin can add multiple club members
- Alternatively book directly by clicking here.