Best of luck to all our swimmers sitting their Junior or Leaving Certificate exams tomorrow.
The Munster Regional management Committee have agreed to provide financial support for all regional club members who wish to undertake the Swim Ireland Blended Level 2 Coaching Award. This support will be valued at 25% of the current course fee and will be subject to the following conditions:
· All candidates must be current members of a Munster Region Swimming Club.
· Those receiving support must attend and assist at two full Regional Squad days under the direction of the appointed head coach.
· The agreed subsidy will only be paid on completion of the Level 2 Coaching course and after assisting on the two agreed squad days.
· The rate of financial support will be reviewed on an annual basis in line with annual budgets.
· Applications for financial support must be made in writing to the Honorary Regional Secretary in advance of the course closing date.
Next Saturday 27 April Sarah Fellner, the Swim Ireland Pathway Development Officer will give a talk and conduct a question and answer session on Long Term Athletic Development (how you progress from Learn to Swim to the Olympics!) at 9am in the morning in Nemo. I have heard Sarah talk on this topic before and can guarantee that it will be both informative and fun; and will be informed by her long experience in the Canadian system. All swimmers and parents from Learn to Swim, through Piranhas, Barracudas and Marlins are invited. There are different considerations at each level and it is great to be given an explanation of the benefits and efforts involved at each progressive level (and what to expect at the next level). We hope that you will all be able to come along. We’d appreciate if you could confirm your attendance so we can get an idea of the numbers involved.
Towards swimming as a life-long sport!
Tom Cross, SWSC President