First of all I wanted to thank you for your support of the Dolphin Open Gala, we are looking forward to hosting you for a great weekend of competition.
Ahead of the gala, we just wanted to draw your attention to a few points, which we would appreciate if you could distribute to your coaches, parents and swimmers
- Personal cameras will not be permitted on the deck, with the exception of a single, designated club photographer. The club photographer must register their name at the officials table. Personal photographs may be taken outside of the pool deck. Similarly phone calls must be taken outside of the deck area.
- For those familiar with the Mayfield Complex, we have adjusted the logistics slightly and the call area will now be located in the sports hall. From there swimmers will be directed through the changing rooms to deck. This will leave the pool area much clearer for officials and coaches. The call area will be clearly sign posted.
We are currently in the final stages of moving to the new membership system and hope you will all see the benefit of the move. For more information please see here – Membership Database Update
A very exciting opportunity has arisen in Swim Ireland for a dynamic, organised and experienced individual to lead in the delivery of Swim Ireland National Competitions. The Competitions Officer will play a key role in the delivery of a busy National competition calendar of events for Swim Ireland and its members.
Job advert here – Swim Ireland Competitions Officer
“Swim Ireland’s future has taken on a brighter shine as of late, with 3 of the nation’s elite swimmers making history over the summer. While competing at the World Junior Swimming Championships in Indianapolis, Conor Ferguson and Mona McSharry earned Ireland’s first-ever medals at the prestigious international meet. Ferguson claimed 100m backstroke silver and McSharry took 50m breaststroke bronze, while the pair also comprised half of the mixed 4x100m medley relay that earned a new Irish senior national record in the event in Indy.”
We are delighted to announce that Munster now has its very own website. This can be found at www.swimmunster.ie.
We are still adding content to it but if you could take a few minutes to have a look. We welcome feedback and will take all ideas on board to improve the layout and content.
Something different that we have incorporated is a Munstercam. By using the hash tag #swimmunster on Instagram, photos from events will be uploaded on to the site.
Anything that gets uploaded will be monitored so as to make sure this add in isn’t misused. The reason I added this to the site is to help promote the site through a fun and engaging way.
THE MUNSTER MINOR & SENIOR SCHOOLS SWIMMING CHAMPIONSHIPS ENTRIES ARE DUE ON MONDAY OCT 2nd.
The entry forms can be found on the EVENTS page under Regional SC Minor & Senior Schools Meet.
The Cork Local Sports Partnership has partnered with Swim Ireland to deliver the Cork Rebel Swim. The Cork Rebel Swim is a 500m and 1km participation swimming event to be held on the 3rd of December is a number of pools across Cork City and County. Go to Cork Rebel Swim. for more details of the event locations and times.
The aim of the event is to encourage people to become more physically active through swimming. We will be holding a number of support programmes in a number of swimming pools across Cork City and County.
The support programme will be run over 8 weeks is a number of pools across Cork City and County.
Support Programme Start Dates:
- Dunmanway Swimming Pool Monday 9th of October 6PM
- LeisureWorld Churchfield Swimming Pool Monday 9th of October 8PM
- Mayfield Swimming and Sports Complex Thursday 12th of October 3PM
- LeisureWorld Bishopstown Swimming Pool Thursday 12th of October 7Pm
- LeisureWorld Douglas Swimming Pool Friday 13th of October 1PM
- The Wild Atlantic Pool and Fitness Centre Baltimore Friday 13th of October 7PM
Place are limited so please register earlier to avoid disappointment.
Some of you members or their family members may be interested in the training programme or taking part in the event. It could be a nice challenge for the swimmers parents or your clubs recreational swimmers.
Cork Sports Partnership
The Munster C&D Workshop has been rescheduled.
This will now take place at 6.30pm on Wednesday 1st November, Hibernian Hotel Mallow Co. Cork.
The Workshop will run from 6.30pm – 9.30pm and anyone interested is welcome to attend.
The committee of Sundays Well Swimming Club is pleased to announce the appointment of Tammy Kenny as the new coordinator of our Learn to Swim program.
Tammy is a former competitive swimmer with over 20 years experience as a swim teacher. She is also currently coaching with Special Olympics.
Tammy will take up her new role on Tuesday 19th September. She will be at the Gus Healy pool this Thursday at 7.00 pm to meet swimmers, parents and teachers. Please come along and make her welcome.
We wish her every success in her new role.